Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bailar conmigo

"Always be my baby" - David Cook.

It's pretty odd but I find myself listening to this cover twice every morning before I leave the house. First I just listen, then I sing along. At this point that song is so beautiful I want to dedicate it to everyone I ever knew.

Today I went to my first Latino fest, the weather was nice and there was a huge turn out. The overall square feet of the event wasn't as big as I had expected. I spend almost the first hour there by myself then ran into my cousins, Lys and then Kemet & co. I was comfortable with how everything turned out; got to practice my Spanish, watch people dance & yada yada. A few hours after that I found myself in that dreadful black hole known as Orpheus. We didn't stay long, just poked our heads in long enough to get noticed and requested then rolled out. Transformers style.
Ok. I lied, I rolled out. Leaving mis tres amigas there to finish getting their party on.


Speaking of partying on.
Kelitah and I are throwing one next month. I'm sure it'll be the opposite of a totally fail. Providing that it does not rain, guest come in a good mood and that I have pre-made food available. I'm so anxious I wanna just go out and buy the things on my list next time I work but that would be pointless; I gotta learn to take things day by day.

Like this whole PR trip, and the requirements needed beforehand. Driving out to essex for less than 4 hours seems a bit insane to me, but it's gotta be done. I wont think about it again until my alarm goes off reminding me that I should be heading out. & that's the end of that story

No comments: