Saturday, October 2, 2010

Consequence of sounds

Dark Brown and Red. Forever stained in my head.
Low pulse and fading eyes, I lean in closely to whisper those lies.

I want to warm you up & let you rest in my lap, but it didn't take long for
the white coats to say "you're time is up" I denied your cries and lack of perception even though you had become the only exception.
I remember the night I laid with you and sobbed
you breathe was slow, your energy robbed &still I just new things would be 'ok', until the next day.
I couldn't save you and I didn't fight a good fight but I do believe your death was done right. poison in your veins and ice in your heart who knew it only took a moment to tear us apart?


Treasure is gone now, he died sometime around 11 Friday morning.
A mercy killing.
I felt like my ribs were collapsing but the feeling quickly went away, I forced it to. I wanted to kick and scream and stab the doctor with his own needle. I wanted to bite my dad and smash windows. I saw it all happening in my mind. I drove away in tears after paying a 'small' fee. I drove singing and humming to the songs on the radio, I texted and made about two phone calls as if I were over it just like that. At Justins house I cried a little more but ended up coloring.
I hate cats.
The rest of my day felt like a movie. Time does have a way of healing things...small things.
I avoided going home till I was too hungry to think straight.
The next day I went to work with a smile on my face, 8am to 1:30pm. Time flew by in no time and the next thing I knew I was at home sleeping. When I woke my mom was home asking if I had plans for that night.. I looked but did not find. We went to a Jazz Bar (Coco's Butter)
Like a real one with a live band, wine, chocolate and small appetizers. My mom was friends with the owner and somehow I ended up being the waitress of the night! Talk about a new experience. The people where nice for the most part, plenty of refills and and orders. Carrying long wine glasses where no joke either. I was really shocked.... and grateful. It helped take my mind off of somethings and bring light to others. I like waiting on people, I like sharing a few words and I love people who can really make me smile when I forget how to.

1 comment:

niki71891 said...

seems more interesting than anything ive been doing! where do u work at now?!